Radius Books welcomes project proposals from anywhere and everywhere. However, like most fine art publishers, we receive hundreds of submissions every year and are limited to the number of projects we can produce in a given period.
Submissions are evaluated based on three simple criteria:
- Do we love the work?
- Is it the right book at the right time (for you and for us)?
- Is the book consistent with our publishing program, the vision of our board, and the mission of our Donation Program?
Please note, submissions are only accepted via email. We do not accept paper submissions, nor do we schedule meetings until after we have reviewed an initial submission.
Please submit your project as follows:
- a brief one-page written summary of the proposed project, including possible grants, concurrent exhibitions, or related events.
- a one-page CV, including relevant exhibition history, gallery representation, and museum exhibitions.
- a set of no more than 10 visuals of the proposed project, 300 dpi jpegs, 8.5 x 11 inches, preferred.
If we decide to see more from the initial proposal, then we will ask you to make a more comprehensive submission. This should not be seen as a guarantee that we will proceed to publication, but simply that we are interested in seeing more of your work. We will contact you and discuss what materials are best to send. Be prepared at this stage to provide high quality images, sequenced book dummies, or other materials that can give us a full understanding of the project. Though we will do our best to be careful with your materials and review all submissions thoughtfully, we cannot accept liability for anything that is sent to us.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org